Monday, August 13, 2007

Pippi's Secret Shame

OMG! WTF!

Today I had a shameful, shameful experience.

I was at a Texan mall (it's a long story) and I was almost led straight into the fires of hell by a pair of shoes.
Now, normally I pride myself on not purchasing anything that costs over $30 and preferably not over $6.99.
HOWEVER, today I saw a pair of $100 flats AND CONSIDERED BUYING THEM.
BEHOLD! THE SHOES!
What is it that led me to near shop-hardiness? Is it the wild rush of the animal print? The golden heel? THE VOICE OF THE DEVIL???????????????
Readers, please weigh in: Should I have abandoned my bargaining ways and given the Devil his special dues?
Or should I have continued on the righteous path of the bargain hunter and gone straight to Target to repent?
OH THE SHAME OF THE BARGAIN HUNTER ALMOST LED TO TEMPTATION BY THE ANIMAL-PRINT FIRES OF THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!

IN other devil-related news: Karl Rove is out! REJOICE!!!! LET'S GO COW-TIPPING AND CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!! I'M HAMMERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT TIME IS IT???????????

2 comments:

annie said...

Tell you what. On Dallas day we'll just buy you a pair of $1000 shoes and you'll feel much better. Just have Christopher loan you his credit card while he's having his alcohol-soaked business lunch.

Henry said...

Pippi,

You know what they say...

"The devil wears prada."